MIKE EVANS FAMILY FOUNDATION 2019-2020 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- Must be a high school senior, planning to attend an accredited college or university in the fall
- Minimum B or equivalent grade point average
- Participated in or exhibited leadership in scholastic, athletic and/or community
- Volunteered in community service involving social agencies, environmental projects, political campaigns, church groups, or school sponsored projects
- Enrolled as a full-time student as per college definition
The following items must be submitted with your completed application:
- Typed essay (not to exceed 300 words) describing one of the most difficult challenges in your life and what you learned from the experience.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a school or community official, such as a school principal, teacher, coach, or counselor; community program administrator, youth organization leader, or minister stating why you should be awarded this scholarship
- Official high school transcript or equivalent
- Letter of acceptance from college or university of your choice
Preference will be given to the following applicants (not necessarily in this order):
- Students who have not already received another scholarship
- Students demonstrating a need for financial assistance
- Students who have consistently exhibited good citizenship and an interest in
scholastic, athletic, and/or community activities
Recipients of the scholarship will be notified and payment will be made directly to school upon confirmation of enrollment.
Mail applications to:
Mike Evans Family Foundation
12436 FM 1960 Rd. W.
Houston, TX 77065